Thank you for your interest in the Coven...
- Joining the Sisterhood
By now you should know what The Coven is about. If not, we suggest you go back and read our bylaws and other materials to get a better feel for who we are and how we work. To oversimplify, we are an organization intended for people who play female, spell-casting characters. The Coven itself is dedicated to service for Elanthia, in the form of knowledge, and individually by offering those skills that we possess to the people of Elanthia for the greater good (i.e. imbedding, enchantment, foraging, loresinging, ‘farming’, etc.).
We have created a feeling of Sisterhood within our fold. The sense of family is strong and binding. This is something we like to promote in our initiates. Thus, commitment to fellow Sisters and to the organization is encouraged. We like to see people who are willing to help for the good of the Sisterhood, be it in or out of the lands. We look for people with the time and desire to help in the creation of guides, scripts, maps, lore and humor. We look for people who are willing to assist in-game with auctions, events, and services (such as enchanting, etc., for The Coven Shoppe).
Please tell us, in your application, what interests you most, what skills you and your character possess that can enhance The Coven, and any other information you feel we should know to better assess you and your character. The more we get to know you, the better off you are, so put a lot of information on your application, and come to the meetings!
To join, The Coven requires, among other things, that you complete an application form and attend at least two Meet and Greet gatherings and other meetings as requested by the Trine. The Meet and Greet gatherings are held once a month (currently on the 13th of each month in the evening - they are the same meeting as the Moonstone Abbey membership meeting). Other events are also often scheduled.
You will also need a sponsor, a Sister to speak on your behalf. This is important, because it requires that you get to know at least one Sister on a more intimate level. She will meet with you outside of meetings at least twice to get to know you better, be it on a hunt or at Helga’s.
Aside from this, your part of the Initiation process is as follows:
- Attend at least the minimum number of Meetings required of you.
- The Mistress of Membership will assign to you two small tasks to prove your commitment to the Coven. These tasks will vary from applicant to applicant, and will not be hard or overbearing. The task will be individually chosen according to your skills, level, etc. and to your input on an acceptable task. You will have a Task Mistress to help you.
- Service Task: In which you provide a small service for the Coven or the Lands. (i.e., imbedding for the Shoppe, spell-ups in the name of the Coven, sitting at TSC or the gates and giving mana to empaths and clerics, something along those lines)
- Scholarly Task: In which you will need to perform or submit to the Mistress of Membership. (i.e. writing a poem or song, creating a guide, or other scholarly type of work.)
- You must have trained at least 10 times.
- You have read and thoroughly understand all Coven bylaws and documents provided on this website.
Please fill out the application form.
Your application will be answered with a follow-up letter from the Mistress of Membership, and invitation to join our next public meeting.
The application below is for the Coven, not for Moonstone Abbey. We would love for all our Coven sisters to choose the Abbey as their home, and as a sister you are given the option to do so. However, you cannot reside in another Great House if you do wish to be also in our Ancestral Home, Moonstone Abbey.
Please copy and paste this application into an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You are writing to Sister Aoife).
Please Be Sure You've Fully Read and Understand the Contents of the Foreword!
Aye, we respectfully request that before you complete an application form, that you indeed understand the requirements for application to the Sisterhood. If you believe you should reread the Foreward above, please do so now. When you are ready to complete the application form, ...
A) Tell us about your character.
1) Please enter the following information about you and your GemStoneIII character.
Character First Name:
Character Last Name:
Order Affiliation (if any: i.e., Order of Voln, Council of Light, Sunfist)
House Affiliation (if any)
Time Zone you play from:
Additional Characters you play (optional):
2) Type information in GS4 and paste the first two lines here.
3) Tell us the three best times to find you in the realms in an average week.
4) When would you be available for Coven meetings (which might last two hours or more)?
B) Tell us about your real life.
1) Why does GemStoneIV appeal to you?
2) Tell us about yourself. Are you employed? A student? What interests, skills, and hobbies do you have outside of GemStone IV?
C) Tell us your goals.
1) Consider for a moment your role-playing goals. What are you trying to become? Does your character have a certain personality? How would you like to be known by others in the lands? Tell us about it.
2) Since the Coven is an organization interested in role-playing witches, tell us how you see yourself playing that role?
3) What quirks, hobbies, interests, and/or collections does your character have? (This can be anything from looking for royal blue items to collecting bugs, to flipping kilts. This answer should tell us something about you that is special and unique.)
4) Tell us the story of your character, her history in the lands, her life before she came to The Landing (or the Trace, or wherever she was 'born'.) What were her parents like? What was her childhood like? Why did she choose the profession she came to train in?
D) What have we missed?
1) Tell us something we've missed so far, something about yourself, which you believe would make you an invaluable asset to The Coven. This answer can be as individual as you are.
1) What are your impressions of The Coven? What made you want to join?
2) What, in your opinion, can The Coven do for you (be it role-playing, outside game help, friendship, services, etc.)?
This website is completely unofficial and is not representative of and/or endorsed by Simutronics in any manner.